Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna's CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna’s Asian trading operations. Akuna’s focus in Asia is currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and is looking to expand to trading on all major Asian exchanges. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna’s goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.
What you’ll do as a Quantitative Trader at Akuna:
Akuna’s Quantitative Trading and Research team is looking to add Quant Traders to a team of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists. This team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with sophisticated understanding of derivatives and financial markets.
We are searching for creative thinkers who can capture trading opportunities, convert ideas into trading solutions and pilot sophisticated trading strategies with mathematical and programming skills. In this role you will:
- Manage trading strategies and improve profitability by converting ideas into quantitative models
- Implement trading signals that contribute to portfolio construction
- Develop a deep understanding of derivatives theory and financial markets
- Generate ideas on trading opportunities, product insights, risk management and trading systems
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a Quantitative Trader or related role
- BS/MS/PhD in a technical field – Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or similar
- Understanding of advanced Mathematics: Calculus, Stochastic Processes, Linear Algebra, Statistics and Optimization
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, numerical linear algebra, machine learning or convex optimization
- Intermediate programming skills in Python (C++ is a plus)
- Ability to process complex information quickly and accurately under pressure