Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna's CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna’s Asian trading operations. Akuna’s focus in Asia is currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and is looking to expand to trading on all major Asian exchanges. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna’s goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.
What you’ll do as a Web Developer at Akuna:
Akuna is seeking Web Developers to join our global UI development team. In this role, you will work with all aspects of the business in order to create web applications to support data visualization, system monitoring and control, automation, and more. The software you build will aid Traders in understanding market conditions, assessing risk, and managing other components in our system.
The UI team develops services and applications in a diverse range of technologies including C#, Python and Typescript. Your prior experience will provide valuable contributions to improving the team’s development processes, as well as providing mentorship and guidance for other developers on the team. In this role, you will:
- Develop web APIs with Python (HTTPS and WebSockets)
- Elicit requirements from the business and contribute to software design
- Contribute to modern CI/CD pipeline in order to further automate day to day operations
- Drive innovation based on prior experience and knowledge of latest web technologies
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- Demonstrable experience working with Continuous Integration
- Familiarity with Continuous Deployment environments a plus
- Demonstrable experience working with persistent storage mechanisms (SQL, document DBs, redis, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience building cloud native, scalable software systems (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience mentoring other developers on the team
- Strong communication skills and works well in teams
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with the trading industry a plus