Senior Python Developer
What you’ll do as a Senior Python Developer at Akuna:
Akuna is looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our Development Team to build and enhance our Risk, Compliance, and Middle Office systems. You will work with developers, operations, and traders to build robust distributed systems, both on existing systems and on new initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Implement enhancements for our risk, compliance and middle office systems, primarily using Python
- Grow, coach, and mentor junior members of the team, including interns
- Execute the full software development life cycle (requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing, execute and deployment, and post implementation support)
- Design and build microservices, scripts and user applications
- Work with stakeholders across the business to understand business problems and propose technical solutions
What you'll bring:
- Strong experience with Python or other similar OOP languages
- Some experience across frameworks and tools such as React, Kubernetes, Postgres
- Previous experience leading projects, or a strong desire to own end-to-end projects
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Previous experience managing production applications that work as part of complex ecosystems
- A high sense of collaboration
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
Desired skills, but not required:
- Experience managing others or a small team
- Work experience within the finance industry with a focus on risk
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the center of our Asian trading operations, and in 2021 moved to our new Barangaroo waterfront office. We are currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the center of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with less than 200 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, office happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, have social clubs, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!