Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna’s Asian trading operations. Akuna’s focus in Asia is currently trading HK, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and is looking to expand to trading on all major Asian exchanges. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna’s goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.
What you’ll do as a C++ Developer at Akuna:
We are looking for motivated, self-starters to join the growing engineering team in our Sydney office and contribute to the build-out of our proprietary options market making trading platform. You will focus on analysis, design, implementation, and testing & delivery of Akuna’s trading system using the latest technologies. A pragmatic approach to technology solutions using the latest open source software will be required. Successful candidates will work closely with an industry-leading team of options traders who participate fully in the design and on-going enhancements to our proprietary trading platform. In this role, you will:
- Design and build mission critical and complex trading systems
- Plan, design and implement high quality Linux services using modern C++ technologies
- Build software using Agile methodologies
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews
- Work on cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 3+ years of experience developing performant, scalable applications in modern C++ (and at least 2 years with C++11, 14, or 17, template metaprogramming a plus)
- Experience with Linux and Python required
- Understanding of distributed systems, data structures and algorithms
- Practical use of multi-threaded / multi-core programming paradigms
- Object-oriented design and programming experience
- A curiosity and demonstrated interest in C++14 and beyond
- Ability to take on projects and drive them through to completion
- Familiarity with trading and trading systems is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent