Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna’s Asian trading operations. Akuna’s focus in Asia is currently trading HK, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and is looking to expand to trading on all major Asian exchanges. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna’s goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.
What you'll do as a Systems Engineer at Akuna:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to be responsible for Akuna’s Linux server platform health. This person will participate in the design, deployment, and maintenance of our high-performance platform to support our trading environment. They will also automate daily software and hardware tasks while writing and maintaining scripts and tools. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, and able to take ownership of projects and problems with minimal supervision. In this role, you will:
- Manage Akuna’s Linux server infrastructure at domestic and global data centers
- Be responsible for trading system server operations
- Work with Developers and other senior Infrastructure engineers to investigate new products and techniques to improve efficiency and performance in the environment
- Architect and maintain multi-vendor, tier-based storage solutions
- Provide additional day-to-day support including system analysis, monitoring, and performance tuning
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related experience
- 3-5 years of systems engineering experience
- Advanced experience with a variety of Linux distributions (RedHat, Ubuntu ,etc.)
- Experience in automation of daily software and hardware related tasks, Python or Bash scripting experience preferred
- Experience with system monitoring and configuration management tools (Ansible, Cobbler, SaltStack, and Icinga/Nagios)
- Linux kernel tuning experience
- Knowledge of database systems, including PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience in troubleshooting multicast and TCP related performance issues
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds