Floor Trader- SPX
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions, and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully, we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies, and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, London, Boston, and Austin.
What you’ll do as an SPX Floor Trader at Akuna:
We are seeking a Floor Trader to join Akuna’s Equity Indices team in the SPX pit on the CBOE floor. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual interested in supporting our team coverage and competing in the marketplace. Candidates must possess working relationships inside of and strong familiarity with the S&P500 complex of options.
As a part of Akuna’s SPX team, you will make markets on options for brokers using our proprietary pricing and execution software custom-designed for use on your trading tablet. Whether being first to make a market or removing liquidity on a resting order, the opportunities you identify and execute on in the marketplace will be immediately represented in the team’s P&L. You will be entrenched in a collaborative and comprehensive team environment where you will have the opportunity to learn our systems and trading style from some of our most experienced traders. Your previous experience will be expected to provide value from day one even as you adapt to your new role.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 2+ years of experience market making options on the CBOE floor
- SPX pit experience in the last 18 months required
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong mathematical aptitude giving the ability to maximize trading opportunities in a high-pressure environment
- Effective and efficient communication and superior interpersonal skills
- Passion for problem-solving and finding creative solutions in an ever-changing market
- BS/MS in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, or equivalent