Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna's CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna’s Asian trading operations. Akuna’s focus in Asia is currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies, and US night markets and is looking to expand to trading on all major Asian exchanges. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna’s goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.
What you’ll do as a Python Developer at Akuna:
Akuna is looking for a Python Developer to join our development team to build and enhance our Risk, Compliance, and Middle Office systems. The Ideal candidate will work with developers, operations, and trades to build robust distributed systems, both on existing systems and on new initiatives. You will:
- Work with a team to design and implement enhancements for our risk, compliance and middle office systems, primarily using Python
- Build software responsible for data retrieval, processing, and validation from internal and external sources
- Work with stakeholders across the business to understand business problems and propose technical solutions
- Grow, coach, and member junior members of the team
- Execute the full software development life cycle (requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing, execute and deployment, and post implementation support)
Qualities that make a great candidate:
- 3+ years working with Python in a professional environment
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Highly collaborative in nature, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as a team lead
- Familiarity with trading and finance is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent