Cryptocurrency DevOps Engineer
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Cryptocurrency DevOps Engineer at Akuna:
We are seeking a Cryptocurrency DevOps Engineer to join our growing team at Akuna Capital. You will be responsible for monitoring, managing, and supporting our Cryptocurrency production trading systems. Your work will range from handling time-sensitive production issues, to driving forward longer-term projects, such as automation initiatives and major platform changes. You’ll work closely with our Cryptocurrency Trading and Development teams, as well as with Infrastructure and DevOps Engineers. In this role, you will:
- Work alongside our Cryptocurrency team to establish and maintain best-in-class distributed systems that enable 24-hour, 7 days a week global trading
- Provide hands-on operational support to the Cryptocurrency team
- Drive automation to configure, manage, and continuously monitor the Cryptocurrency trading systems
- Be heavily involved in the ongoing maintenance and expansion of our AWS footprint, including performance tuning and scaling across multiple regions
- Own the production configuration and deployment process, and continue to evolve towards higher levels of excellence surrounding change management
- Identify new ways to improve operations and implement solutions to solve technical or business issues that impact Akuna’s cryptocurrency trading platform
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Actively follow crypto markets with a passion in this space
- Experience interacting with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- 3+ years of experience using Linux
- Intermediate Python programming skills
- Hands on experience with AWS and other public cloud providers
- Hands on experience with DevOps/automation tools including Ansible and Supervisor
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced startup environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Solid fundamental understanding of Infrastructure concepts such as: compute (different OS environments, virtualization, containers), networking (TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP), and storage (object/block/file, NFS)
- Available to join an on-call rotation and work outside of core business hours or on weekends
Remote opportunities are available and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please note your preference in the application.