Graduate Quantitative Developer
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialise in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualised Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the centre of our Asian trading operations. We are currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the centre of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with around 100 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, office happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, have social clubs, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!
What you’ll do as a Graduate Quantitative Developer:
Our Quantitative Team are a mixture of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists that find solutions to problems. We create trading models and strategies scientifically by combining our quantitative expertise with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. We are seeking Juniors to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to exciting problem. You don't need a background in finance or trading, instead we look for maths and coding skills.
Our Quantitative Developers are part of the Quant Trading & Research team at Akuna. Our Quant Devs have strong programming skills, familiarity with mathematical techniques and the fluency to leverage both skills to produce trading solutions and high-performance production code. In this role you will:
- Design and develop production code of trading strategies: pricing models, execution logic and performance optimization along with researchers, traders and system engineers
- Analyse and incorporate market signals in our trading systems
- Advance existing codebase and propose new solutions and improvements
If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Start dates: ASAP- August 2022.
Training: We always have new projects and look to bring on our juniors all throughout the year. As a junior, you will be paired with a mentor to work together on your first project, and we offer extensive training opportunities to learn about market making, our systems, and financial theories such as Options Greeks and Black Scholes methods.
Full-time compensation packages starting at $100K AUD.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- VISA: you need full working rights that lead to PR, such as the Graduate Work Visa 485. Akuna does not offer sponsorship for this position
- University Degree graduating before August 2022 and within the last 3 years
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with generic and/or parallel programming
- A basic understanding of probability, statistics, calculus and linear algebra
- Deeper understanding of any of the following fields: Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods, Statistics, Optimization, Signal Processing, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run a project in a fast paced, team environment
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment