Junior Quantitative Researcher
Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Akuna’s Quantitative Trading and Research team is looking to source a Quantitative Research Consultant for specific ongoing projects focusing on discovering alpha signals through statistical analysis, portfolio optimization, calibration of strategies and automated trading.
We are looking for talented independent researchers who can apply and develop machine learning algorithms to contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio. In this role you will:
- Develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Design and implement optimization algorithms for portfolio construction
- Develop quantitative models describing market behavior
- Advance existing initiatives and explore opportunities for new research topics
Requirements for this Consultant Role:
- Masters or PhD degree in a technical field – Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or a related subject) must be completed prior to engagement.
- Expertise in statistics and machine learning
- Experience building mathematical models for complex real-world problems
- Intermediate programming skills in Python (C++ is a plus)
- Financial experience is not a requirement
- Strong work ethic, drive and commitment for remote work
- Readiness to travel within Europe as needed
- Will be required to enter into a Master Services- Independent Contractor Agreement