C++ Developer (Strategy Focus)
Austin Chicago Remote
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions, and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully, we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies, and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, London, Boston, and Austin.
What you’ll do as a C++ Developer (Strategy Focus) at Akuna:
Akuna is looking for developers excited to apply their skills to low latency trading. Working directly with traders and researchers, you will focus on analysis, design, implementation, testing and delivery of Akuna’s strategies to the market. Your goal is to develop software that incorporates vast amounts of data to drive sophisticated, ultra-fast strategies, capturing market opportunities before our competition. In this role, you will:
- Lead in the design, implementation and deployment of trading strategies using modern C++ technologies
- Bring deep technical knowledge in areas such as parallel programming, trading systems, networking and performance analysis
- Be extremely hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs
- Have leadership opportunities across both project and team management
- Build software using Agile methodologies and modern software best practices
- Work directly with traders and researchers to create and enhance high performance, low latency trading strategies
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 3+ years of experience developing performant, scalable applications in modern C++14 and beyond
- Experience developing trading strategies and/or a demonstrated passion for financial markets
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Significant experience with distributed systems, data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded/multi-core programming paradigms
- Highly collaborative in nature, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
Remote opportunities are available and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please note your preference in the application.