Junior Quantitative Researcher - Machine Learning
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna's CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Shanghai, Sydney, Boston and London.
What you’ll do as a Junior Quantitative Researcher at Akuna:
Akuna’s Quantitative Trading and Research team is looking to add Junior Quant Researchers to a team of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists. This team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with sophisticated understanding of derivatives and financial markets.
We are looking for talented researchers who can apply and develop machine learning algorithms to contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio. In this role you will:
- Develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Design and implement optimization algorithms for portfolio construction
- Develop quantitative models describing market behavior
- Advance existing initiatives and explore opportunities for new research topics
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a technical field – Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or a related subject), graduate by Aug 2023
- Programming skills: Strong python programming experience; SQL knowledge and experience would be a plus
- Machine Learning/Data Science experience: neural networks, natural language processing, computer vision, speech recognition, text mining, recommendation system and/or relevant project experience
- Expertise in Math and statistics
- Experience building mathematical models for complex real-world problems
- Financial experience is not a requirement
- Willing to prepare and take English technical interviews
Please note: If you apply to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple coding challenges and interviews.