Senior .Net Developer
What you’ll do as a .Net Developer on the UI Team at Akuna:
Akuna is seeking Mid to Senior .NET Developers with experience in building applications using C# to join our innovative and growing User Interface Development team. In this role, you will work directly with traders, quants, and other software developers to design, build, test, and maintain real-time trading applications. The UI team builds applications that help traders understand market conditions, assess risk, and control Akuna’s trading systems. Performance is key and we’re always looking for more efficient and innovative ways to view the markets.
The ideal candidate enjoys working with the latest .NET technologies and tools in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. A successful candidate is performance-minded and seeks to question and enhance current architecture beyond their responsibilities.
This person will be given a unique level of exposure to an industry-leading team of traders who participate fully in the design and ongoing enhancements to our proprietary trading platform. In this role, you will:
- Plan, analyze, design, and develop high-quality .NET desktop applications and backend components
- Propose and deliver scalability and performance enhancements to our applications
- Research and incorporate the latest features of C#, .NET/Core, WPF, WinUI into our applications
- Engage with traders and developers to gain business knowledge, understand problems and define requirements of solutions
- Build software using Agile methodologies
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Mentor junior developers
Qualities that make great candidates:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- 5+ years of professional experience in application development using C#, .NET/Core and WPF
- Familiarity with upcoming .NET technologies such as WinUI and MAUI
- Understanding and use of design, multi-tier architecture and concurrency patterns for building scalable systems
- A knack for writing code that is clean, readable, testable and easily maintained
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and be able to dynamically adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills; including collaborating with teams that may be in different geographic locations
- Pluses: web application development, Options Trading or other FinTech industry experience
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialise in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualised Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the centre of our Asian trading operations, and in 2021 moved to our new Barangaroo waterfront office. We are currently trading HK, Korea, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the centre of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with less than 200 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, office happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, have social clubs, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!