Office 365 Engineer
Austin Chicago Remote
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions, and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully, we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies, and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, London, Boston, and Austin.
What you’ll do as an Office 365 Engineer at Akuna:
We are looking for an Office 365 Engineer to be responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of Akuna’s Office 365 services, as well as other products and cloud services. This person will also develop scripts and tools to automate daily tasks. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, and able to take ownership of projects and problems with minimal supervision. In this role, you will:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing and emerging Office 365 technologies
- Manage the integration of on-prem AD with Azure AD (Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, Active Directory Domain Services)
- Envision and deploy modern identity solutions (Azure AD Conditional Access, Identity Governance, Azure AD Service Principles and Enterprise Applications)
- Implement new software and products that strengthen Akuna’s Microsoft infrastructure, security, and end-user experience
- Plan and execute migration of data in and out of O365 technologies
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to optimize usage and adoption of Microsoft O365 solutions
- Configure and manage 3rd party tools and integrations into the O365 platform
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Skillsets should align with Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate and/or Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate
- Demonstrated knowledge of backend Microsoft services and networking fundamentals
- Familiar with hybrid authentication, security, identity management, and disaster recovery protocols
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and a self-starter capable of running projects
Remote opportunities are available and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please note your preference in the application.