Development Internship - FPGA, Summer 2023
Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna's CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Shanghai, Sydney, Boston and London.
What you’ll do as a Development Intern on the FPGA Team at Akuna:
We are seeking Development Interns to join our innovative and growing technology team for our 10-week internship Akunacademy. In this role you will work alongside our experienced FPGA developers to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems. No previous experience in finance or trading is required. Training and continuous education is provided for all engineers to ensure they have the skills and knowledge needed to be successful. In this role you will:
- Use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems
- Collaborate with team members to investigate and create automated trading algorithms
- Work on high performance computing systems to break speed and performance boundaries
- Contribute to high-profile work that is important to the bottom line of the company
What would make you a top-notch candidate?
- Pursuing a BS/MS/ PhD in Computer and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, graduate by Aug 2024
- Knowledge of digital logic circuit design, preferably using Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Create an easily understood and testable design that can change as quickly as the market does
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Willing to prepare and take English technical interview
Please note: if you have applied to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple coding challenges and interviews.