Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions, and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully, we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies, and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, London, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Platform Engineer at Akuna:
As a Platform Engineer at Akuna, you will be at the heart of our engineering process, building and maintaining a platform that empowers our firm to deliver high-quality services to our traders with stability and scale. You’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively researching and advocating for new technologies and practices that can improve our platform's capabilities.
- Collaborating closely with development teams to containerize and optimize applications within our Kubernetes environments.
- Developing and managing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/Gitlab/etc.) to enable quick and reliable deployment of our services.
- Managing our cloud environments in AWS, utilizing best practices for security, cost-effectiveness, and performance.
- Implementing and maintaining monitoring solutions using Prometheus, Loki, and Grafana to ensure visibility into the health of our applications and infrastructure.
- Leading incident response and root cause analysis to minimize impact and prevent future occurrences.
Qualities that make great candidates:
The ideal candidate for the Platform Engineer position at Akuna is technically proficient and a collaborative team player who brings a passion for infrastructure automation and a drive for continuous improvement. Key qualities include:
- Technical Expertise: A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, along with 5+ years of relevant experience in a platform engineering or DevOps role. Deep understanding of cloud services (preferably AWS), container orchestration (Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (Terraform), and automation tools (Ansible, Packer).
- Ownership and Accountability: Taking full ownership of the platform’s health and operations, with a proactive approach to maintaining and improving systems.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to troubleshoot complex issues systematically and leverage a deep understanding of the operational interdependencies of systems.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
If you are a motivated Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE looking to make a significant impact in a dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply.
Please note that level/title will be determined upon the conclusion of the interview process. If you are a current student or recent graduate, please take a look at our Entry Level and Intern positions.